Wednesday 13 August 2008

01792 306900

I got a call today from 01792 306900. They were offering me cheaper mobile phone insurance.

I smelled a rat, so I asked them if they could tell me anything about my account, whether it was my home number, address, date of birth, anything. They couldn't tell me a thing apart from my mobile number (which they had dialled).

They tried this on me a few months back and I reported them to O2. I reported them again this time.

What I find confusing, however, is that after a little Googling today, this telephone number has been used for at least a year for the sole purpose of extorting money out of people, pretending to be offering phone insurance for people.

In total, this is the third time a Swansea based number has been used to try and scam me out of money like this. The first time, I had bought a phone from Phones4U where they were so desperate for me to get phone insurance, they gave me in cash more than the total amount of the insurance over a 12 month period. I wondered why until I got that call.

But if this company keeps using a Swansea based number, surely someone can try and sort it out? Can't someone call BT and say something along the lines of 'where does 01792 306900 go?'

I know that I've jested about Swansea and the people of Swansea in the past, but this is no joke; these people are like a bath filled with fresh human turds, covered with five day old custard and gone-off gravy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a prick
Don't go casting aspursions on Swansea, yes these people are scum but so are you

R'Copeh said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

i dont think that you can tar every person from Swansea with the same brush. I agree that cold callers are annoying REGARDLESS of where they are from.
Anon- London