Sunday 11 January 2009

Jesus The Jew

There's a dopcumentary on TV tonight in the UK trying to persuade me of the offending a challenging truth that Jesus was a Jew.

Of course He was! I really am confused by this. Why has so much time been devoted to explain the obvious? Jesus was a Jew, He knew the Torah and obeyed it. He followed every Jewish law. He was a Jew in every sense of the word. He didn't improve on Judaism, He didn't abolish the law, he didn't come to wipe out Jewish ancestry.

As far as I'm concerned, when Jews become Christians (these are known as Messianic Jews), I don't see that they've stopped being Jewish.

Why is this supposed to shock me?

I'd have a bigger problem if someone tried to argue that Jesus was a Gentile!

I have a massive, enormous and humongous problem with those who blame the Jews for Christ being Crucified. If you care enough to know who killed Jesus, then you need to know that the responsibility rests on you, whoever you are and whatever your ethnicity.

No comments: